You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I live in East Africa and want to by iphone 14 pro max, this eSim matter concerns me. The question is, will the iphone 14 pro max works here in Tanzania on regular sim? Will also work on eSim here? I will by the phone in US

I live in East Africa and want to by iphone 14 pro max, this eSim matter concerns me. The question is, will the iphone 14 pro max work here in Tanzania on regular sim? Will it also work on eSim here? I will by the phone in US

Posted on Sep 10, 2022 10:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2022 10:58 AM

The US phones will have eSim _only_.

Check with your carriers in Tanzania to see if they will support eSim.

If they don't, you'll have to buy a non-US phone that have a physical sim.

4 replies

I live in East Africa and want to by iphone 14 pro max, this eSim matter concerns me. The question is, will the iphone 14 pro max works here in Tanzania on regular sim? Will also work on eSim here? I will by the phone in US

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.