You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to exclude my business account from transferring to new ipad

I purchased a new iPad and wanting to back up everything from my old iPad, issued from my company, to my EXCEPT the information from my company. How do I keep company information from transferring onto my new iPad?

iPad

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 7:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 9:41 AM

Being a company owned device, it will very likely be centrally managed - and have management policies applied that restrict the ability to copy data from the iPad.

You need to contact the System Administrator that manages your iPad for advice and guidance.

2 replies

Sep 11, 2022 8:27 PM in response to Uchallenged1

Uchallenged1 Said:

"How to exclude my business account from transferring to new iPad: I purchased a new iPad and wanting to back up everything from my old iPad, issued from my company, to my EXCEPT the information from my company. How do I keep company information from transferring onto my new iPad?"

-------

Transferring Particular Data to a New Device:

If this is a new device, then use Quick Start to transfer it all. Then, find the info, trashing it one-by-one. There is no way for anyone here to decipher what is company info, other than yourself. However, if this is a company-owned device, then contact the administrator. Elsewise, set it up yourself, transferring items over, ridding of items(i.e. a contact) as you do so.

How to exclude my business account from transferring to new ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.