You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes - How switch out of shuffle mode?

I want my playlist to just start at the top and play each next tune it comes to moving down the list. But it skips around, and when I go to the Shuffle button on the top left it seems to provide me no option that does what I want.

I tried Play Next and it warned me that if I did that it would clear the last 54 songs I added. But I added n

nothing on this particular day...

Thanks for your help.

Peyton

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 6:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 2:58 AM

There are two methods to turn off the Shuffle option in iTunes:

1. the Shuffle icon in the Now Playing window. If the intertwined arrows are on the light grey background, shuffle is off. If the background behind the arrows is dark grey, shuffle is on. Tapping the icon switches between the two modes
  2. On the text menu at the top of iTunes, click on Controls / Shuffle / Off

In the screenshot below the Shuffle icon is dark, which means shuffle is on. On the menu, you can see Shuffle is on. Tap either the icon or use the menu to turn shuffle off:

When Shuffle is off, a screenshot of the same view shows this:

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 17, 2022 2:58 AM in response to Peyton Todd

There are two methods to turn off the Shuffle option in iTunes:

1. the Shuffle icon in the Now Playing window. If the intertwined arrows are on the light grey background, shuffle is off. If the background behind the arrows is dark grey, shuffle is on. Tapping the icon switches between the two modes
  2. On the text menu at the top of iTunes, click on Controls / Shuffle / Off

In the screenshot below the Shuffle icon is dark, which means shuffle is on. On the menu, you can see Shuffle is on. Tap either the icon or use the menu to turn shuffle off:

When Shuffle is off, a screenshot of the same view shows this:

iTunes - How switch out of shuffle mode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.