You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone got bad water damage and turns on but then powers itself iff after after 3 minutes, I need to backup my phone so all my things will transfer to my new phone, but my current phone shuts off before the backup is complete. Advice?

My phone got bad water damage and turns on but then powers itself off after about 3 minutes, leaving me no time to complete the backup. I need a way to transfer my info/apps/photos to my new phone from my broke one without it taking as long as the backup usually does. Is this possible?

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 8:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 8:50 PM

The time to ensure no loss of data is before catastrophe strikes. If you can't backup your phone due to water damage, you won't be able to transfer the data to your new iPhone.

1 reply

My phone got bad water damage and turns on but then powers itself iff after after 3 minutes, I need to backup my phone so all my things will transfer to my new phone, but my current phone shuts off before the backup is complete. Advice?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.