You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do iPhone and IPad sync with imac?

I cannot get my iPhone 13P 2021or iPad Pro 2021 to bluetooth sync with iMac 2020 to keep all data current on my devices. I want the same data and communications on all three devices at all times.

When I try to Bluetooth connect I get a not Supported msg. Seems nothing will work,m and messages do not come in on iMac. Troubleshooting does not help, and I get different info from apple support.

The first three levels of support upgrades go through endless failing efforts. The fourth management agent says "they are not supported" and I cannot pair the devices to communicate. Consequently, my iMac no longer gets messages loaded when they come in and I have to go to another device to get them.

If this is what I can expect from Apple, I will look elsewhere.

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 12:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 12:08 PM

These devices are not generally connected via Bluetooth.

Normally you configure your AppleID on each of these systems, and use iCloud Syncing to manage the data synch across devices.

With iCloud syncing you can control on an app-by-app level what data should be synched (e.g. you may choose to synch messages and calendars, but not Contacts or Safari bookmarks - all controlled via the AppleID preference settings.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 27, 2022 12:08 PM in response to tom sabo

These devices are not generally connected via Bluetooth.

Normally you configure your AppleID on each of these systems, and use iCloud Syncing to manage the data synch across devices.

With iCloud syncing you can control on an app-by-app level what data should be synched (e.g. you may choose to synch messages and calendars, but not Contacts or Safari bookmarks - all controlled via the AppleID preference settings.

How do iPhone and IPad sync with imac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.