You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot pair my iMac with my iPhone

I have an iPhone 12 which is running on iOS 17.1.1. I am trying to pair my iMac, which runs on macOS Sonama 14.1.1. Both updated to the latest versions. When I go to Bluetooth on my iPhone and connect my iMac in the nearby devices, it says "Pairing Unsuccessful; iMac not supported". I followed a tutorial to fix this and have forgotten my iPhone from my iMac. While it shows up on my iPhone, it is not showing up in my Mac anymore and I don't know how to pair it again. Regardless of it showing up on my iPhone still, it says the same thing when I try to connect it. I have restarted my iPhone, my Mac. I even signed into the same Apple ID for iPhone and Mac. And they are both connected to the same network on same Wifi and I even tried connecting them to my personal hotspot on my iPhone. I've tried turning off and turning on Bluetooth on both devices. I even connected lightning port between my iPhone and Mac. For my previous Apple ID which I have left and created a new one which I am using currently, Bluetooth & pairing seamlessly worked but now after using my new Apple ID on both devices, it's acting strange. I've tried every possible solution I know of but it's not working. Bluetooth has been necessary for me to copy and paste characters, text, pics, and other stuff instantly between both devices without having to airdrop or file share or download. How do I pair my iPhone to iMac? If anyone gives a solution that actually works, you would be more than amazing.

I have forgotten my iPhone from my Mac and I want to pair again.

I have tried pairing my iMac even when I forgotten my iPhone on the Mac. Yet, it shows this. That is all my issues.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 18, 2023 7:08 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

I cannot pair my iMac with my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.