You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Jpegs not loading in Apple Mail

My Apple Mail program has suddenly stopped loading jpegs associated with emails, instead showing that small blue icon with a "question mark" in the middle. This is on my new Mac Studio with Monterrey 12.6 It was reported in the forum and directly from Apple that the “Your network preferences prevent content from loading privately” error message can be cleared by pressing the "Load content Directly" button. It DOES do that, but no one has answered HOW you get rid of this permanently so you don't have to spend half your email monitoring time clicking on that button endlessly and forever after like in some twisted computer game. I repeat, it happened suddenly, today in fact, and was not prompted by anything I set or changed in Apple Mail. Please advise!

Mac Studio

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 7:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 9:09 PM

Not sure if this may help or not, but (using OS 12.6 currently) Open Mail, and go to the Mail Menu>Preferences>Accounts and check if Download Attachments is set to All.

2 replies

Jpegs not loading in Apple Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.