You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I see in App prices before I download?

All the apps now have "get" but when I scroll down their listing, they don't list the pricing. I have to download the app, see what the price/subscription is, and decide there if I even want the app.

If not, I have to back out, delete the app and start over.

I don't go to the grocery store, pick up the items I want, guessing at which brand I may want, then go to the checkout line before they tell me the cost. And if I want to compare it to others, send me back to the aisle to get another and bring it back up front to check its price.

Is there a way to see that I'm missing?

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 30, 2022 7:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2022 9:49 AM

Thanks.

What about the apps that say "get" which is the approval for a free download, but then have nothing free? (and post nothing in the area you have shown as a screen shot?)

I don't mind paying for my stuff but, this system seems to have a loop hole that hides the prices until after a download.

I see what it is now so I guess this is not longer a question. More of a feedback post.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 30, 2022 9:49 AM in response to Llamamanor

Thanks.

What about the apps that say "get" which is the approval for a free download, but then have nothing free? (and post nothing in the area you have shown as a screen shot?)

I don't mind paying for my stuff but, this system seems to have a loop hole that hides the prices until after a download.

I see what it is now so I guess this is not longer a question. More of a feedback post.

Sep 30, 2022 7:19 AM in response to Llamamanor

If it has a GET button, it means it's free to download.

If it has a price tag instead of the GET button, then it costs that amount of money to download. It may have additional in-app purchases however.

If it has other in-app purchases and subscriptions, you can find them in the information section of the App, under in-app purchases.

You can ignore any in-app purchases you don't want and can cancel any subscriptions that may start automatically before they renew and charge you however.

Link-> If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

Sep 30, 2022 12:03 PM in response to Llamamanor

Llamamanor wrote:

Thanks.

If they show nothing in in-App purchases, then they should have no additional charges for anything.

The App Store terms require the developers to disclose any in-app purchases the app has in that section.

Which app is this that has no in-app purchases, and has nothing free?

How do I see in App prices before I download?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.