You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

dock never opens on first try

Why is it that my dock wont open until I ram my mouse to the bottom of the screen five times? It is set to hide when in full screen and I am under the impression it should open when I hover my mouse over the bottom of the screen but it NEVER works the first try. What is the most effective way to get it to pop up?

MacBook Air 13″, 12.3

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 9:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 11:32 AM

Five times? That's not right.

When the Dock is "hidden" it is normal to require two swipes to the bottom of the screen. "Two swipes" does not imply two separate cursor movements — just swipe down, then swipe again, no gestures in between. This is by design, to avoid the Dock from appearing momentarily and annoyingly during routine cursor navigation.

If it requires five separate swipes something is wrong. Booting your Mac in "Safe Mode" may be justified, following by rebooting normally (not "Safe Mode").

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 3, 2022 11:32 AM in response to WizardWeiner

Five times? That's not right.

When the Dock is "hidden" it is normal to require two swipes to the bottom of the screen. "Two swipes" does not imply two separate cursor movements — just swipe down, then swipe again, no gestures in between. This is by design, to avoid the Dock from appearing momentarily and annoyingly during routine cursor navigation.

If it requires five separate swipes something is wrong. Booting your Mac in "Safe Mode" may be justified, following by rebooting normally (not "Safe Mode").

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

dock never opens on first try

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.