You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages on M1 Mac won't sync with iCloud

I bought an M1 MacBook Air and the Messages app won't sync with iCloud even though it was enabled. I tried disabling it first and then when I wanted to enable it again in the Messages settings, it just says "unable to update iCloud settings at this time". I've already disabled and re-enabled Messages in the iCloud settings on my iPhone, but it still didn't work. What's the solution here?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 9:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 6:22 AM

If you had changed Apple ID Change your Apple ID - Apple Support or its password Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support from iPhone ( when the iPhone and Mac is signed in with same Apple ID and password on the same network initially ) , it has to be updated on Mac What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

See the article If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 4, 2022 6:22 AM in response to ir97

If you had changed Apple ID Change your Apple ID - Apple Support or its password Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support from iPhone ( when the iPhone and Mac is signed in with same Apple ID and password on the same network initially ) , it has to be updated on Mac What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

See the article If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

Messages on M1 Mac won't sync with iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.