You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Streaming Apple TV+ through another app?

Hi. I have an older Roku TV and the Apple TV+ app isn't supported there.

I have an account and have watched some tv on my laptop but was wondering if I can get to the app through any other apps? For example I can get into my AMC+ through Amazon Prime. Trying to avoid having to get a new roku stick for my old tv or a new tv.

Thanks

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 3:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 3:45 PM

Amazon Prime has apps and it has channels. If you subscribe to a channel, like AMC+, you can view that on another device through the Amazon Prime app. I do that with a couple of services I'm subscribed to through Amazon Prime on my AppleTV and my other television. However, you can't see the apps you've downloaded on the other hardware. I can only access those apps through my FireTV stick.

So the short answer is no, I don't think you can do what you want. You'll need to buy new hardware. If you're an Amazon Prime member, they have a deal right now on a FireTV stick for $20.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 4, 2022 3:45 PM in response to Ferretgirl14

Amazon Prime has apps and it has channels. If you subscribe to a channel, like AMC+, you can view that on another device through the Amazon Prime app. I do that with a couple of services I'm subscribed to through Amazon Prime on my AppleTV and my other television. However, you can't see the apps you've downloaded on the other hardware. I can only access those apps through my FireTV stick.

So the short answer is no, I don't think you can do what you want. You'll need to buy new hardware. If you're an Amazon Prime member, they have a deal right now on a FireTV stick for $20.

Streaming Apple TV+ through another app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.