You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to access applications from multiple country app stores

I am a EU citizen, I have homes in both my country of origin and my country of residence and I need apps from both apps storese.

My daughter is a student. She has her phone and Apple account registered in Ireland but is now doing a student exchange in France and later in the year she's planning to do a work placement in Austria or Germany.

She now has a separate French phone number but she cannot acccess her banking application in France because it's on a different app store than her apple ID. On the other hand she can't change her Apple ID because she still needs access to her bank account in Ireland. Later on she'll have similar issues trying to install apps from Germany or Austria.

The reply that Apple gave to a similar question namely: "You can't do it at the same time. Things just aren't set up for the tiny number of people in your situation. " is ridiculous and ignoring the realities of the European union and the global economy.

I'm sure there is more than a tiny number of people in our situation, and I really wish Apple would revise this very US centric view of the world.

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 8:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 9:43 AM

Apple doesn’t routinely monitor the discussions. These are mostly user to user discussions.

If you want to, you can send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem or a suggestion for change. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem/suggested change solved sooner. Pick the closest topic you can find.

Click here to send Feedback   -

Some people have created additional Apple IDs for use in a different store than the main Apple ID is using. You need a valid credit card issued by a bank in the country the store is in and you need a billing address in that country. 

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 5, 2022 9:43 AM in response to melindafromdublin

Apple doesn’t routinely monitor the discussions. These are mostly user to user discussions.

If you want to, you can send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem or a suggestion for change. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem/suggested change solved sooner. Pick the closest topic you can find.

Click here to send Feedback   -

Some people have created additional Apple IDs for use in a different store than the main Apple ID is using. You need a valid credit card issued by a bank in the country the store is in and you need a billing address in that country. 

Need to access applications from multiple country app stores

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.