You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 301014 in homepod

Hey so my HomePod wasn’t working well before, when i would ask it to play something from apple podcasts it would say now playing <insert name of show and episode here> then not play anything. When I would check out its status in the home app, it would say its playing music from Apple Music, which I don’t have a subscription to. 

So I reset it, removed it from home at first, then did the “manual reset” by unplugging, holding the top for 10 seconds hearing the three beeps etc etc. 

Now it won’t re-set up through home app, after I enter the passcode (or let it play the audio one)and enter my iTunes password, all I get is setup failed 301014. Anyone else experienced this? I got this for Christmas and it’s been tough. I’ve seen other people with the issue but they’re outside the US, which isn’t my problem.

HomePod mini, 15

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 3:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2022 1:28 PM

Tried everything on the list. Ended up at Apple Support and had to clear safari data. Setup immediately completed. Just an FYI if people are being required to enter their password and then it fails- clear Safari history. Then try again.

5 replies

Error 301014 in homepod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.