You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 14 pro max getting warm even with normal usage

Hello guys,

This is the first time that I am using an iPhone. I got iPhone 14 pro max a couple of weeks ago.

I have noticed that sometimes it gets a bit warm even with normal, not high intensive application usage.

This is mainly on the back of the phone, the right side of the camera panel. The screen on the side opposite to it, the volume buttons feel a bit warm as well.

Then, for resource intesive usage, like games, recording videos etc it gets a bit more than being called warm.

I have had a look at the steps to resolve and you cannot convince me to disable AOD, turn low power mode etc.

I am considering returning and getting another set, but first would like to check if this is normal.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Posted on Oct 6, 2022 3:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2022 4:41 AM

Hello,

Getting warm during high intensity activities is normal. See this:

Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures

Good luck.

Similar questions

2 replies

iPhone 14 pro max getting warm even with normal usage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.