You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Still get App sound notifications from Apple Apps when focus mode is on

Hello,

When focus mode was launched it was fantastic with 1 significant drawback. On the MacBook when I have the apple mail app open, in a focus mode, have the apple mail app set to not allow notifications during the focus mode, yet I'm still getting sound notifications for every email that comes in during the work day. I have mail set to not allow notifications so I'm not getting the popup, but the sound still plays, EVERYTIME!!!

Focus modes were launched about a year ago I believe and I seen this specific issue raised on the forums at the time so naturally, I figured Apple will fix this in the next release. Lo and behold, 1 year later and Apple still hasn't fixed this issue.

I go to the forums to see that again someone posted about this 4 months ago, only to be told how to setup focus modes by some apple contractor who never read the original question. Clearly, the person knows how to setup focus modes if they notice that the apple apps don't behave as they should and 3rd party apps do.

So Apple if you ever read this, please don't respond to me unless you've understood the issue and have a legitimate response to offer that isn't condescending and actually provides some value. Otherwise, just fix the issue!!!

To clarify, the issue is Apple apps (e.g. mail app) are still playing sound notifications during focus modes when the app is set to not allow notifications. We don't get the pop-up but we do get all the sounds.

Sincerely,

A disgruntled customer

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Oct 10, 2022 5:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2022 5:52 AM

We are not Apple, we are an user to user support forum

To send feedback to Apple, please see this link

Product Feedback - Apple

2 replies

Still get App sound notifications from Apple Apps when focus mode is on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.