You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i need help to reinstall mac os lion

I am trying to reinstall mac os lion back to my MacBook pro but it does not accept my apple login and password even though it is right

Posted on Oct 25, 2022 8:01 PM

2 replies

Oct 25, 2022 8:09 PM in response to Azar_A

if you have two-factor authentication enabled on your Apple ID, type your username and password in the prompt and do not press return on the password. Request and acquire the two-factor code on another of your devices (“get verification code”), and append that code to the password. If the Apple ID password is ABCDEF and the two-factor code is 123456, enter the password as ABCDEF123456. Press return. See if that’s accepted. You’ll need to type quickly too, as the two-factor code does time out.

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

It would be better to install the newest version of macOS supported by this MacBook Pro, as OS X Lion is a decade or so back.

It’s also possible Lion is just too far back to get a secure connection.

i need help to reinstall mac os lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.