You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring Photos from iPhone to a Folder on iMac

HI,

Not having any luck with this because photos are going into 'Photos' on my iMac and I don't want them there. I want to select photos on the phone and transfer them any way (except iCloud) to a new folder on my iMac. I believe there is software that allows this but I feel it should be possible either by direct connection of a lightning cable or Airdrop. I would prefer a solution by direct cable if possible. Thanks

Stylax

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 8:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 8:27 AM

f you connect the iPhone with a cable to your Mac and unlock it, you can use the app Image Capture to save selected photos and videos in a folder on your Mac.

Which system version is running on your iPhone and on your Mac? If you have iOS 16 installed, be sure to update to iOS16.1, otherwise you might get an error message when you try the direct download from the iPhone.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 26, 2022 8:27 AM in response to Stylax

f you connect the iPhone with a cable to your Mac and unlock it, you can use the app Image Capture to save selected photos and videos in a folder on your Mac.

Which system version is running on your iPhone and on your Mac? If you have iOS 16 installed, be sure to update to iOS16.1, otherwise you might get an error message when you try the direct download from the iPhone.

Oct 27, 2022 3:56 AM in response to léonie

Hi leonie,

Thanks for this advice. I have managed to do what I needed but it was not easy. Am I right in thinking this method is only for moving selected photos across from an iPhone to an iMac ? What I needed to do was to select a file on my phone which had the only photos I wanted to move and either take that file across or move the photos in that file to a new folder on my Mac. Changing the destination folder on the Mac was easy but I could not find a way to select the file on my phone ?

Regards,

Stylax

Transferring Photos from iPhone to a Folder on iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.