You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When clicking a link from an app in MacOS, the link does not open in Safari

Hello,

I've had an issue since Monterey (I'm now in Ventura) that whenever I click a link on any external application (Slack, Email, Whatsapp, etc), the link will not open in safari.

When I click the link, safari is opened but the link never opens.

This is resolved by restarting the computer but it happens again within a few hours of using it.

Any thoughts on what could be going on?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 10:27 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Nov 11, 2022 1:55 PM in response to Mavalos88

Hello Mavalos88,

Let's help to narrow this down a bit by testing in safe mode and a test user account. This will let us know where to focus our troubleshooting.

1. Here's how to start to safe mode and more information on its use: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support
  2. Restart your Mac to exit safe mode after testing the issue: Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support
  3. Create a new administrator user account and test the issue, nothing the results: Change Users & Groups settings on Mac - Apple Support

Keep us posted on the results.

Take care!

When clicking a link from an app in MacOS, the link does not open in Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.