You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Posting Pictures on Facebook on

In regards to posting pictures on Facebook, has anyone else lost the ability to select a picture from an "Album" in the drop down on Photos? When I click on Add Pictures, This began after I upgraded to Ventura. Not a life changer, but it is a pain in the butt to look for a photo in the entire library.

However, when I add a picture to a document and I click on photos, the "library" drop down appears.

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 10, 2022 3:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 6:19 AM

Bobm711 wrote:

In regards to posting pictures on Facebook, has anyone else lost the ability to select a picture from an "Album" in the drop down on Photos? When I click on Add Pictures, This began after I upgraded to Ventura. Not a life changer, but it is a pain in the butt to look for a photo in the entire library.
However, when I add a picture to a document and I click on photos, the "library" drop down appears.

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/f33d002f-9de3-4b37-bbd1-b0f9ad26da05
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/58ae8144-93ca-4ca4-b8aa-2aa56e91eeec

I always drag to the desktop first any photos I want to add to/upload to facebook webpage.

"Sharing" has been limited going back several macOS now

— You do not say what macOS(?) you came from when you say "upgraded to Ventura"...

If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn't working as ...

Other thoughts — you can see if your web browser is allowed to access Photos from the browser in

>System Settings>Security & Privacy>Photos

ref

Controlling app access to files in macOS - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 11, 2022 6:19 AM in response to Bobm711

Bobm711 wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/f33d002f-9de3-4b37-bbd1-b0f9ad26da05
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/58ae8144-93ca-4ca4-b8aa-2aa56e91eeec

I always drag to the desktop first any photos I want to add to/upload to facebook webpage.

"Sharing" has been limited going back several macOS now

— You do not say what macOS(?) you came from when you say "upgraded to Ventura"...

If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn't working as ...

Other thoughts — you can see if your web browser is allowed to access Photos from the browser in

>System Settings>Security & Privacy>Photos

ref

Controlling app access to files in macOS - Apple Support

Nov 11, 2022 8:27 AM in response to leroydouglas

Under Privacy& Security - Photos, I do have Google and Safari Checked. Prior to Ventura, I was using Monterey without any problem. When I went back to Facebook today and tried to post again, instead of Photos I clicked on Movies in the sidebar. The "Album" drop down appeared for that selection. I went on to do something else. When I returned to try again, the drop down selection in Movies disappeared and Albums option was no longer there.

The is a workaround and I will open my "Photos" app running in the background. When I need to post, I will drag and drop the photo I need.

I still need to know what changes were made. I will probably make a phone call to Apple in the near future.

Thanks much for your reply!

Nov 11, 2022 8:29 AM in response to Bobm711

Bobm711 wrote:

Under Privacy& Security - Photos, I do have Google and Safari Checked. Prior to Ventura, I was using Monterey without any problem. When I went back to Facebook today and tried to post again, instead of Photos I clicked on Movies in the sidebar. The "Album" drop down appeared for that selection. I went on to do something else. When I returned to try again, the drop down selection in Movies disappeared and Albums option was no longer there.
The is a workaround and I will open my "Photos" app running in the background. When I need to post, I will drag and drop the photo I need.
I still need to know what changes were made. I will probably make a phone call to Apple in the near future.
Thanks much for your reply!

Call Customer Support  (800) MYAPPLE (800–692–7753)

Posting Pictures on Facebook on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.