You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preview printing automatically without stopping at dialog box

In Montery 12.6 I want to print a PDF document that I opened in Preview. When I initiate a

file / print command from the drop down. Preview quickly displays the normal print dialog box

but goes right into printing the document without stopping at the print dialog box.

I have two printers (one a color) and want to select one of them and the number of copies and I do not get that option.

I am able to open a doc in Preview adjust color, size etc but can't specify destination or count?

I see others had this issue with older releases of OS software but I do not see a resolution for this OS.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mac Studio

Posted on Nov 16, 2022 3:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2022 7:09 PM

I discovered that I was looking at a quick look of an image with Preview in the window beneath. File print instantly prints the image in that view.

Similar questions

1 reply

Preview printing automatically without stopping at dialog box

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.