You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my MacBook acting like it’s going to start up and then goes right back to the screen with your computer has restarted because of a problem

why is my MacBook Pro acting like it’s going to start up but then goes back to the screen that says your MacBook has restarted because of a problem?

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Nov 26, 2022 5:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 6:58 PM

Disconnect all external devices in case one of them is causing a problem.

Try booting into Safe Mode. If this works, then you most likely have some third party software installed which is causing a problem. The usual culprits are anti-virus apps, cleaning/optimizer apps, and third party security software....none of which are needed on a Mac.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 29, 2022 6:58 PM in response to Kyleehankins

Disconnect all external devices in case one of them is causing a problem.

Try booting into Safe Mode. If this works, then you most likely have some third party software installed which is causing a problem. The usual culprits are anti-virus apps, cleaning/optimizer apps, and third party security software....none of which are needed on a Mac.

Why is my MacBook acting like it’s going to start up and then goes right back to the screen with your computer has restarted because of a problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.