You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I name my document in pages? All exposers say Blank page

All pages docs I’ve sent are titled “Blank Pages”. How do I rename them before exporting ?

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 3:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 8:47 AM

Although you can create a new Pages document with a blank template, leave it named as Untitled, and export a blank PDF in that manner, whose name will also be Untitled.pdf — you should not.

Instead, the first thing you do when you create a new Pages document is use the File menu > Save… menu item. This not only allows you to give it a proper document name, and enabled Pages autosave feature, but it also gives you a more granular choice of save location. When you click that down arrow on the following dialog, it opens to a full Finder view, giving you more choices of save location than offered by clicking the Untitled name in the document title bar.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 27, 2022 8:47 AM in response to Jillianna1109

Although you can create a new Pages document with a blank template, leave it named as Untitled, and export a blank PDF in that manner, whose name will also be Untitled.pdf — you should not.

Instead, the first thing you do when you create a new Pages document is use the File menu > Save… menu item. This not only allows you to give it a proper document name, and enabled Pages autosave feature, but it also gives you a more granular choice of save location. When you click that down arrow on the following dialog, it opens to a full Finder view, giving you more choices of save location than offered by clicking the Untitled name in the document title bar.

How do I name my document in pages? All exposers say Blank page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.