You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV NOT playing the Photo album completely

Is there a way for slideshow to work as a slideshow? When I start, it plays first 20 or so, then repeats while changing one of the slides every few times through. I just want it to work as a slide show for a few hundred pics in an album.

Every Article I have found on this topic never gives a solution.

I have tried turning off repeat and turning it back on.

I have tried re-starting my Apple TV.

I deleted almost every app on my Apple TV and I thought that worked. it seemed to display a few more but then started to repeat again before completing all the photos in the album.

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 10:11 AM

1 reply

Nov 29, 2022 11:15 AM in response to Mike_tomany_mikes

Hi Mike_tomany_mikes,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today.

The only settings are found here and it sounds like you have tried all or most of them: Create a slideshow on Apple TV.

"Create a slideshow and adjust slideshow settings

1. Open the Photos app  on Apple TV, then navigate to the Shared Albums or Albums category in the menu bar.

Note: If you don’t see the Shared Albums category, go to Settings > Users and Accounts > [default user account name], then select Photos and turn on Shared Albums.

2.Select an album, then select Play Slideshow.

3.Select to adjust any of the following settings:

• Shuffle Photos: Turn on to show your photos in random order.
    • Repeat Photos: Turn on to play the slideshow continuously.
    • Theme: Select a slideshow theme to apply a different style to your slideshow.
    • Time Per Slide: Select how long to display each photo on the screen.
    • Transition: Select the transition effect used between photos.

4.Select Start Slideshow."

Make sure you Apple TV is completely updated: Update your Apple TV.

"Update your Apple TV manually

1. Go to Settings > System > Software Updates and select Update Software.
  2. If there's an update, select Download and Install. 
  3. Wait for your Apple TV to download the update. Keep your Apple TV connected and plugged in to power until the update is complete.

After the update downloads, your Apple TV will restart, prepare the update, then install it. When the update is complete, your Apple TV will automatically restart again."

Then if the issue continues, take a deeper dive with Apple Support.

Have a fantastic day!

Apple TV NOT playing the Photo album completely

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.