You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Country/Region change

Hello,

so I recently moved from the US to Italy and i will stay here for the foreseeable future and I want to change region. I understood i need ro cancel all my apple subscriptions (apple one) and wait for it to expire (end of month). So i would csncel it then expire then reactivate it from the new region store. But i am concerned of the following during the change process, between the cancel and the mew activation:

• What happens to my icloud data since i have the 2tb storage
  • what will happen to all my music playlists?
  • and movies I’ve purchased ?
  • and all other things related to apple one changes.

thank you!

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 4:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 1:36 PM

Thank you all for trying to answer, the guidelines are not clear and exhaustive on the certain details such as the ones I was seeking for. but no worries, I got my answer today with the direct experience.

So today my apple one expired. (I still had/have other non-apple subscriptions active but had canceled them so no future renews, so this means that to change region it fundamental that only the apple subscription actually expire. for third party its enough to cancel future renews). When I figured that my apple one subscription was indeed expired I simply proceeded to change the region to Italy, initially it wasn't working then I realised it was due to the fact that I had a family member active on my account, so I disabled the member and proceeded successfully to the region change and activate the new apple one subscription in the new country, before and after everything was still there, all my iCloud & files, all my music with playlists and TV movies I bought time ago. Another insight, at least until now all my apps available only in the US store (previous) are still updating no problem.

My guess is apple now offers a grace period for all our data stored in their services. So for people seeking for the same/similar advice, here is my experience, hope it can help others.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 30, 2022 1:36 PM in response to Vapor_1310

Thank you all for trying to answer, the guidelines are not clear and exhaustive on the certain details such as the ones I was seeking for. but no worries, I got my answer today with the direct experience.

So today my apple one expired. (I still had/have other non-apple subscriptions active but had canceled them so no future renews, so this means that to change region it fundamental that only the apple subscription actually expire. for third party its enough to cancel future renews). When I figured that my apple one subscription was indeed expired I simply proceeded to change the region to Italy, initially it wasn't working then I realised it was due to the fact that I had a family member active on my account, so I disabled the member and proceeded successfully to the region change and activate the new apple one subscription in the new country, before and after everything was still there, all my iCloud & files, all my music with playlists and TV movies I bought time ago. Another insight, at least until now all my apps available only in the US store (previous) are still updating no problem.

My guess is apple now offers a grace period for all our data stored in their services. So for people seeking for the same/similar advice, here is my experience, hope it can help others.

Nov 28, 2022 9:30 PM in response to Vapor_1310

Hi Vapor_1310

Welcome to the Apple Community.

These are the guidelines from Apple Support.

Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

As iCloud is by subscription also, guess it would be a good move to download / back-up everything securely.

(iCloud is mainly a sync. service, and Apple generally advise we keep a back-up anyway.)

Wondering if another community member has experienced a similar country change,

and could contribute their experience.

All the best :-)

Country/Region change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.