You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I upgrade my MacBook Air 2017 to Ventura?

I have a Mac Book Air 2017 and it won't upgrade to Ventura. I looked around and it seems that b/c it is a 2017 I can no longer upgrade the software? This seems like planned obsolescence. Am I right? So I can no longer upgrade? It makes me want to get rid of all my devices and get a burner flip phone. I had to buy new iphones last year because the one I had wouldn't update apps. So because I take care of my devices I can't update. In plain language that S**ks!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 7:18 PM

2 replies

Nov 28, 2022 10:54 PM in response to Leighthenurse

Hello!

As you mentioned above, unfortunately, no. The MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017) isn't supported for macOS Ventura. macOS Monterey, the latest version of macOS for your Mac, is still getting security updates, however.

If you'd like a Mac that can run macOS Ventura, refer to macOS Ventura is compatible with these computers - Apple Support. You could also use Apple Trade-In for credit towards a new Mac: Apple Trade In - Apple.

Jack

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.