You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn off trash blocking

Whenever I move the mouse over to the trash, at the bottom right corner of my screen (end of the dock), a small black square animates up from the corner of the screen to cover the trash. There's nothing in the square, it's just black. If I click where the trash should be (underneath the black square), it opens the Notes app instead of opening the Trash.

Can this be turned off somehow, so nothing obscures the Trash when I move my mouse over the Trash?

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 12:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 12:20 PM

That's a Quick Note:

Start a Quick Note on Mac - Apple Support

See this section:

Use hot corners: Move the pointer to the bottom-right corner of the screen (the default hot corner for Quick Note), then click the note that appears. To change or turn off the hot corner, see Use hot corners.

3 replies

Turn off trash blocking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.