You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

version 12.2.1 (7035.0.161) will not allow me to attach a Pages doc to an email in

Pages version 12.2.1 (7035.0.161) will not allow me to directly email a pages doc as a word or pdf without first exporting. Is there a way to be able to do this directly on the email like in the past?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Dec 2, 2022 8:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2022 9:32 AM

If you are on Ventura 13.0.1, the Send a Copy feature is gone. In the File menu > Share… the default action is Send a Copy and when you select Mail, it will open a Mail compose window with the Pages document attached. Otherwise, to attach a PDF to Apple Mail without first exporting, you use File menu > Print… > PDF > Send in Mail.

Pages v12.2.1 on macOS Monterey 12.6.1 retains the Send a Copy feature either as an optional toolbar item or from the File menu. Both Intel and Apple Silicon Macs. I tested this.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 2, 2022 9:32 AM in response to guyvitetta

If you are on Ventura 13.0.1, the Send a Copy feature is gone. In the File menu > Share… the default action is Send a Copy and when you select Mail, it will open a Mail compose window with the Pages document attached. Otherwise, to attach a PDF to Apple Mail without first exporting, you use File menu > Print… > PDF > Send in Mail.

Pages v12.2.1 on macOS Monterey 12.6.1 retains the Send a Copy feature either as an optional toolbar item or from the File menu. Both Intel and Apple Silicon Macs. I tested this.

version 12.2.1 (7035.0.161) will not allow me to attach a Pages doc to an email in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.