You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't change format to pdf or docx when emailing from Pages since new update

Since the latest update to pages whenever I click on share either from the dropdown menu or the menu bar it only lets me send a pages document by email. There is not an option to send a pdf or word doc like there used to be. Because I work with people without macs this is a real inconvenience. I now need to export the file then attach it that way. the extra step is a nuisance.

Please tell me this was an oversight that will be fixed...

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Dec 8, 2022 6:20 PM

2 replies

Dec 9, 2022 7:38 AM in response to mattgarvin

I wrote an AppleScript/Shortcut solution to deal with this issue for Pages v12.2.1 on macOS Ventura 13.0.1. This solution will prompt you for the output document format {PDF, Word, RTF} from a list and then proceed to export it from Pages and automatically attach it to a Mail compose window. It simulates the original Send a Copy feature that is now removed.

The original script only worked on Pages documents from the local drive, and on Dec 5, I posted some fixes that would allow its usage with documents shared on iCloud Drive > Pages.

See: PAGES: Where did "share as pdf" go? - Apple Community

Can't change format to pdf or docx when emailing from Pages since new update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.