You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Ventura - driver for Canon LiDE 700f scanner?

I am running a MacBook Air M1 (2021). I have, and still am, running my Canon LiDE 700f scanner - now running Ventura, and previously running Monterey, and Catalina, all on the High Sierra OS drivers from Canon.

As things are currently, I have experienced no issues or difficulties - even though the drivers are 32-bit.

I hope this is helpful to folks!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Dec 4, 2022 11:37 AM

1 reply

Dec 4, 2022 11:59 AM in response to TechieSince1995UK

The paid VueScan Professional (free trial) supports this scanner without Canon or Apple support software. That gives you future vendor independence from Canon.

In 2010, I purchased VueScan Professional to support a flatbed Canon scanner that at the time, Canon had abandoned. That same scanner still works today on my M1 Macs with Ventura or Monterey using the current version of VueScan Professional. In the interim twelve years, I have never paid any update/upgrade fee to the VueScan vendor, nor receive any gratuity for mentioning their product here.

MacOS Ventura - driver for Canon LiDE 700f scanner?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.