You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Ventura 13.1 support Canon LiDE400 Scanner?

I have purchased a Canon Lide400 Scanner and there is no driver for 13.1 on the Canon site, only a driver for Ventura 13. This scanner works on a MacBook with OS 12.6.1 but not on MacBook with OS 13.1.

A Canon Lide220 scanner (the older model) functions on the MacBook with OS 13.1.

Is the driver the problem or something I have overlooked?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 9:14 PM

7 replies

Dec 24, 2022 2:14 AM in response to Matti Haveri

Hi Matti,

I am aware of VueScan but I have not rushed out to subscribe - the Lide400 functions on my wife's Windows machine and on another MacBook which is using OS Monterey 12.6.1. I was replacing my Lide220 as an every day scanner, I also have an Epson V850 which I use for photos and more serious scanning. I will have to wait awhile for next release of Ventura, and keep checking the Canon site. I believe that the OS 13.1 has many in-built drivers for the different hardware - which is while the old Lide220 continues to function. In System Preferences/Printers & Scanners the Lide400 is not discoverable.

Dec 24, 2022 4:40 AM in response to OzTraveller

You will find that Canon and other scanner vendors will continue to support Windows for their products beyond their commitment to Mac. Even with different functionality.

Canon released the IJ Scan Utility Lite Ver.4.0.0a (Mac) on Dec 15, 2022. Is that what you are attempting to use on Ventura 13.1? It should work, or try Apple's Image Capture.

VueScan Professional does support the LiDE 400 without any Canon drivers necessary, and VueScan Professional can be single or subscription purchased. I purchased it in 2010 for what was then an already abandoned Canon flatbed scanner. I have never paid an upgrade fee, and that same scanner works with the current VueScan release on Ventura 13.1.

Dec 24, 2022 3:18 PM in response to VikingOSX

Merry Christmas -I reloaded IJ Scan Utility Lite Ver.4.0.0 (Mac) today - same results. Scanner is not seen as connected, either in System Preferences - Printer & Scanner, or in Image Capture. I can connect this scanner in the other computers, hence I doubt it is the physical connections to my MacBook. Interestingly you list it as IJ Scan Utility Lite Ver.4.0.0a (Mac) on Dec 15, 2022, [note your 'a' ] whereas even today, I only see "IJ Scan Utility Lite Ver.4.0.0 (Mac)" - I shall have to wait a revision by Apple or Canon, while the LiDE 220 continues to function.

thanks

Tom

Dec 26, 2022 5:20 AM in response to OzTraveller

> OS 13.1 has many in-built drivers for the different hardware - which is while the old Lide220 continues to function

FWIW on macOS 13.1 Ventura Canon CanoScan LiDE 220 needs ICA Driver Ver.5.0.0 (Mac) 10.09.22 (misd-mac-ijscanner6-5_0_0-ea21_3.dmg) before ImageCapture.app can see it.

I also routinely install IJ Scan Utility2 Ver.2.4.0 (Mac) 10.09.22 (misu-mac-2_4_0-ea21_3.dmg) and ScanGear Starter EX Ver.1.2.0 (Mac) 10.09.22 (msgs-mac-1_2_0-ea17_2.dmg) although I otherwise normally ignore camera and device software.

Dec 26, 2022 3:31 PM in response to Matti Haveri

Hi Matti,

I agree that OS 13.1 has many in-built drivers, and than is why my LiDE220 continues to function, hence my comment about waiting the next release of Ventura - hopefully by then Apple will have added the LiDE to its Library..

I usually use Readiris Pro 17 as my scanner software for documents, and rarely use ImageCapture. The Epson scanner comes with a nice suite of software. All this software requires the scanner to be seen as connected to the MacBook.

I will check the other two dmg's you have listed.

thanks

Does Ventura 13.1 support Canon LiDE400 Scanner?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.