You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In Ventura, moving from space to space hangs system

Since installing Ventura (now at 13.0.1), my iMac frequently hangs. At first I thought maybe i had too many Safari tabs and windows open, and reduced the number drastically. Then, I found that this occurred even when I wasn't running Safari. I next realized that this behavior started only after upgrading to Ventura. Has anyone else experienced this behavior? This is an iMac with 128gig This is on an iMac 27" still under AppleCare.

iMac 27″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 11:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 1:03 PM

MacMaya wrote:

Since installing Ventura (now at 13.0.1), my iMac frequently hangs. At first I thought maybe i had too many Safari tabs and windows open, and reduced the number drastically. Then, I found that this occurred even when I wasn't running Safari. I next realized that this behavior started only after upgrading to Ventura. Has anyone else experienced this behavior? This is an iMac with 128gig This is on an iMac 27" still under AppleCare.

My first thought—Uninstall all third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/Anti-Virus/VPN

all known to cause issues on the macOS, no matter if they seemed to work in your last macOS without issue.

To trouble shoot further you can:

—Test issue in another user (or guest user) account Change Users & Groups settings on Mac - Apple Support

This will tell you if it a universal issue or isolated to your user/admin account. 

—SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

This test will tell you if third party interference; extensions etc are not loaded in safe boot mode.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 5, 2022 1:03 PM in response to MacMaya

MacMaya wrote:

My first thought—Uninstall all third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/Anti-Virus/VPN

all known to cause issues on the macOS, no matter if they seemed to work in your last macOS without issue.

To trouble shoot further you can:

—Test issue in another user (or guest user) account Change Users & Groups settings on Mac - Apple Support

This will tell you if it a universal issue or isolated to your user/admin account. 

—SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

This test will tell you if third party interference; extensions etc are not loaded in safe boot mode.

In Ventura, moving from space to space hangs system

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.