You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Drive putting enormous load on system under Ventura

My iMac became quite sluggish, so I fired up Activity Monitor and bpyTOP. In Activity Monitor I saw the iMac was 20% idle, therefore 80% busy. And bpyTOP showed Google Drive as one of the top processes for CPU usage, with the iMac's load average at about 10. I killed Google Drive and the load and busyness of the iMac quickly dropped back to normal levels.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour of Google Drive under Ventura? I've subsequently restarted Google Drive and the load remains fine. I wasn't using Google Drive, e.g. copying files, when the load went very high. So I'm curious why it would develop such a high load.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 4:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 5:07 AM

ksaro1 wrote:

My iMac became quite sluggish, so I fired up Activity Monitor and bpyTOP. In Activity Monitor I saw the iMac was 20% idle, therefore 80% busy. And bpyTOP showed Google Drive as one of the top processes for CPU usage, with the iMac's load average at about 10. I killed Google Drive and the load and busyness of the iMac quickly dropped back to normal levels.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour of Google Drive under Ventura? I've subsequently restarted Google Drive and the load remains fine. I wasn't using Google Drive, e.g. copying files, when the load went very high. So I'm curious why it would develop such a high load.

Did you try uninstalling and compare your results...

third party software—

If in doubt refer to the developers website; Support/Help/FAQ/known issues/compatibility /updates/uninstall:

Contact a third party vendor

Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

Google Drive Help

Contact Google Drive support - Computer

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 6, 2023 5:07 AM in response to ksaro1

ksaro1 wrote:

Did you try uninstalling and compare your results...

third party software—

If in doubt refer to the developers website; Support/Help/FAQ/known issues/compatibility /updates/uninstall:

Contact a third party vendor

Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

Google Drive Help

Contact Google Drive support - Computer

Google Drive putting enormous load on system under Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.