You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A lot have purchased iPhones LEGITLY I have a 13 and XS max I need help unlocking, I can't contact the owner, these were from a store online, when I got the phones they were on home screen

a lot have second hand phones that are not stolen or lost, I have a 13 and XS max purchased through a online store, I received the phones on the home screen, when I erased it it says locked to owner.. this isn't right.. I agree there are non legit sellers.. I cannot contact the store, I understand to keep security tight but there is a thing called too much.. I have dealt with the seller for years for apple items.. iMac, MacBooks, iPods etc.. I need the 13 unlocked at least...

Posted on Dec 7, 2022 12:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2022 1:18 PM

Sorry, but your best bet is going to be returning the phone for a refund. I am sure that the store will happily refund your money since you have dealt with them for years.

Maybe it was an honest mistake, but someone at the store was simply not paying attention on this one.

The iPhone 13 is not going to be unlocked until you can contact the original owner of the phone to have them release the lock. There are no other options.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 7, 2022 1:18 PM in response to fredrick37

Sorry, but your best bet is going to be returning the phone for a refund. I am sure that the store will happily refund your money since you have dealt with them for years.

Maybe it was an honest mistake, but someone at the store was simply not paying attention on this one.

The iPhone 13 is not going to be unlocked until you can contact the original owner of the phone to have them release the lock. There are no other options.

Dec 7, 2022 1:06 PM in response to fredrick37

Return the phone and get your money back if the seller can’t or won’t unlock it. If the seller is actually legitimate, then they can and will unlock the device or they will give you your money back.

If they can’t or won’t do that or have become “unreachable” after selling you the phone, they they probably weren’t “legit” to begin with.

A lot have purchased iPhones LEGITLY I have a 13 and XS max I need help unlocking, I can't contact the owner, these were from a store online, when I got the phones they were on home screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.