You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Appstore review keyboard landscape mode

So I made a previous thread regarding this but I have been seeing an issue with writing a review for any app on the appstore with the keyboard stuck in landscape mode and cut off from the screen. It either randomly fixes on its own or I have to restart my whole phone for it to go away (iphone 12 on ios 16). I figured out the cause of it, whenever I play a game that only works in landscape mode and watch an ad in the game and that ad automatically opens open the appstore page in the app in landscape mode (without taking me out of the app) it then causes my app review keyboard to behave like this in the app store (not when using the search bar in the app store though).

Here are some images as to what I am referring to!

If i view an ad like the one above in this view and that appstore preview pops up (in the top image) then my keyboard will do this when reviewing any app in appstore even if i close everything:

Does anyone know another fix besides rebooting my whole phone?

iPhone 12

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 5:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 6:23 AM

So the latest update fixed it for me, I tried opening apps in landscape while viewing ads in them then went to the AppStore and the keyboard for writing reviews was normal. I believe it was the iOS 16.2 update!

Similar questions

4 replies

Appstore review keyboard landscape mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.