You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Appstore review keyboard landscape

When I try to write a review for an app on the appstore it puts the keybaord in landscape mode while the app is locked in portrait mode. I am on an iphone 12 running ios 16 and the only temporary fix was restarting my device but it only works briefly before it has the same issue again. Here is a pic of the problem below. I have tried closing the app and unlocking the orientation and tilting it every ehich way but that doesn’t fix it!!!!

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 2:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2022 8:55 AM

Like I said in the original post ‘restarting my device is a temporary fix’ it comes back soon after for the appstore only when reviewing any app. Keyboard works fine in all other apps, it even works fine in the appstore when searching but the only time it messes up is exclusively when writing the review for any app on the store.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 7, 2022 8:55 AM in response to srbwanderer

Like I said in the original post ‘restarting my device is a temporary fix’ it comes back soon after for the appstore only when reviewing any app. Keyboard works fine in all other apps, it even works fine in the appstore when searching but the only time it messes up is exclusively when writing the review for any app on the store.

Oct 7, 2022 7:52 AM in response to Mohamm11

Hello Mohamm11,

The first thing we would suggest would be to power cycle the iPhone by following these steps found at Restart your iPhone:

1. Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears.
The volume button is located on the left side of the device, and the side button is located on the right

2. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.
3. To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of your iPhone) until you see the Apple logo.

If this continues to happen, trying to isolate the issue will help.

For example, does this happen when you write a review for any app, or only this one?

Does the keyboard work as expected in other apps?

This information will help narrow down possible solutions.

Cheers.

Appstore review keyboard landscape

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.