You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Apple car play work through wireless charging

I’m trying to launch a Apple CarPlay through a wireless charger holder that I just bought. Will this work or will I have to use a wire only. I have an IPhone 13 and a Impreza 2018

Posted on Dec 29, 2022 7:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2022 8:11 PM

Hello,

To my understanding iPhones do not transmit data through wireless chargers, only power. To use CarPlay while charging through a wireless charger you would need to link CarPlay wirelessly because a lightning port charger will always take precedence over a wireless charger if both are connected at the same time.

How to wirelessly charge your iPhone - Apple Support

"Your iPhone won't charge wirelessly when connected to USB. If your iPhone is connected to your computer with USB, or if it's connected to a USB power adapter, your iPhone will charge using the USB connection."

I hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 29, 2022 8:11 PM in response to Shortyzander13

Hello,

To my understanding iPhones do not transmit data through wireless chargers, only power. To use CarPlay while charging through a wireless charger you would need to link CarPlay wirelessly because a lightning port charger will always take precedence over a wireless charger if both are connected at the same time.

How to wirelessly charge your iPhone - Apple Support

"Your iPhone won't charge wirelessly when connected to USB. If your iPhone is connected to your computer with USB, or if it's connected to a USB power adapter, your iPhone will charge using the USB connection."

I hope this helps.

Does Apple car play work through wireless charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.