You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have changed provider but have kept my number, but the interim number l was given keeps coming up when l use iMessage and FaceTime, how do l get my own number to come up

When l changed provider until my old number was transferred they gave me a number, now my number is transferred,the wrong number appears on iMessage and FaceTime, how do l sort it back to my original number

iPhone 14 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 5:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 5:04 AM

Remove the interim number from FaceTime and iMessage

If you don't want calls or messages for your iPhone on your iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, you can remove your phone number. There are two ways to do this:

• On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Select your Apple ID at the bottom of the screen and tap Sign Out. Then go to Settings > FaceTime, select your Apple ID and tap Sign Out.
  • If the phone number that you want to remove belongs to an iPhone that you can't access, change your Apple ID password. This removes all phone numbers from your iPad, iPod touch, and Mac. Calls or messages for the removed numbers won't appear on those devices anymore.

If you have questions, contact Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 30, 2022 5:04 AM in response to hazelfromtruro

Remove the interim number from FaceTime and iMessage

If you don't want calls or messages for your iPhone on your iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, you can remove your phone number. There are two ways to do this:

• On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Select your Apple ID at the bottom of the screen and tap Sign Out. Then go to Settings > FaceTime, select your Apple ID and tap Sign Out.
  • If the phone number that you want to remove belongs to an iPhone that you can't access, change your Apple ID password. This removes all phone numbers from your iPad, iPod touch, and Mac. Calls or messages for the removed numbers won't appear on those devices anymore.

If you have questions, contact Apple Support.

I have changed provider but have kept my number, but the interim number l was given keeps coming up when l use iMessage and FaceTime, how do l get my own number to come up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.