You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I had to get a new number and phone and can’t get my old number off my account am not receiving any of my iMessages or FaceTime calls on my new number how do I remove the old number permanently

My FaceTime calls and iMessages are going to my old number I got a new number and phone and can’t figure out how to completely separate my account from the old number

iPhone 8, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 22, 2023 7:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 7:10 AM

Do as suggested in this document --> Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support

If the above doesn't work then have a look at --> Deregister iMessage on your iPhone or online - Apple Support

If you still have questions or problems:

To contact Apple, click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

Select your country (also look for "other" regions), then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service by telephone --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 23, 2023 7:10 AM in response to Mikemilton89

Do as suggested in this document --> Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support

If the above doesn't work then have a look at --> Deregister iMessage on your iPhone or online - Apple Support

If you still have questions or problems:

To contact Apple, click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

Select your country (also look for "other" regions), then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service by telephone --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

I had to get a new number and phone and can’t get my old number off my account am not receiving any of my iMessages or FaceTime calls on my new number how do I remove the old number permanently

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.