You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2023 How to safely transfer CD audio to iPad Pro without iTunes

I want to know how to transfer CD audio to my iPad Pro as I don’t have a Mac with disc tray to transfer to iTunes then to iPad. I there a product I can buy that is safe according to Apple? Please advise.

iPad Pro, 12.9-inch, 6th Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 9:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 10:19 AM

iOS/iPadOS devices do support optical media drives. To import music to your iPad from optical media, you must use either a Windows PC (with iTunes for Windows installed) or a Mac computer (with iTunes or Finder - as appropriate for the installed version of macOS).

After a legitimate copy of the CD music has been copied to your iTunes Music Library, you simply need to synchronise your iPad with your computer:

Sync iTunes content on PC with devices on Wi-Fi - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 6, 2023 10:19 AM in response to TheREALGrasshopper

iOS/iPadOS devices do support optical media drives. To import music to your iPad from optical media, you must use either a Windows PC (with iTunes for Windows installed) or a Mac computer (with iTunes or Finder - as appropriate for the installed version of macOS).

After a legitimate copy of the CD music has been copied to your iTunes Music Library, you simply need to synchronise your iPad with your computer:

Sync iTunes content on PC with devices on Wi-Fi - Apple Support

2023 How to safely transfer CD audio to iPad Pro without iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.