You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is Apple music deleting playlists from my library and ruining all the others?

Why is Apple music deleting playlists from my library? Just a couple months after I re-created about 5 playlist that should have been there for years, I click on them and they are EMPTY?

And now ALL my playlists — no matter which sorting options I have them set up with — now always revert to the restrictive "playlist view" with no way to sort them. And, if you choose to look at them like you set up the playlist in "song view," all your chosen options are gone, replaced with Apples unhelpful defaults.

Is it possible that Apple Music — the iTunes replacement music library part — is getting worse with every update?

IMAC running 13.1, Music 1.3.2.31

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 1:47 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jan 10, 2023 10:16 AM in response to Blond James Blond

Also — not automatically related, but Apple Music has a very irritating way of suddenly "not being able to locate" songs that are RIGHT THERE where they were yesterday!! I usually poo-poo conspiracy theories, but what other reason could there be for this app to be so full of glitches when the streaming app works so much better and has all the features the old iTunes had?

Why is Apple music deleting playlists from my library and ruining all the others?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.