You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Music Playlists are gone

So, a couple days ago I re-started my subscription to Apple Music and as always, once I re subscribe, my playlists show up. on May 11, I did that, and saw all of my music. today I went to play it and the playlists are gone. I haven't done anything else to my computer. This is on my iMac. I should say the playlists are there but they are empty. I looked it up and followed some directions like updating cloud library, updating genius, and then my playlist names disappeared too. I have a small list of songs in "songs" but it's no where near the 4 hours of music I had in a playlist. Any ideas?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.12

Posted on May 14, 2023 11:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2023 8:00 PM

Had similar problem, spoke with tech support, was told they are gone forever. Sad, had to unsub for a couple months due unemployment, was trying to cut where i could. oh well...

On the other hand, Spotify still has my playlists, some of them 10 years old :D

Similar questions

11 replies

My Apple Music Playlists are gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.