You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep getting the message this copy of the install macOS Big Sur application is damaged and can’t be used to installed macOS. I get the same message with Monterey. I have MacBook Air early 2015 even though I bought it in 2017

I have the MacBook Air early 2015. My operating system doesn’t flip over to upgrade. I get the message this copy of the install macOS, Monterey or Big Sur application is damaged and can’t be used to install macOS. This happened last year and I know because TurboTax required an upgrade to my operating system so I actually was on the phone with Apple support and it took a very very long time but it upgraded and I was able to go to Catalina but now I’m stuck again

MacBook Air

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 10:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 10:12 AM

Choose Applications from the Finder's Go menu, throw the existing installers away, restart the computer, and download the desired one again.

(232904)

1 reply

I keep getting the message this copy of the install macOS Big Sur application is damaged and can’t be used to installed macOS. I get the same message with Monterey. I have MacBook Air early 2015 even though I bought it in 2017

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.