You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Latest update 16.2

I love reading books on my 2nd generation iPad.

After this update I may need to look into other reading options.

It is horrible now. At the bottom of a page are partial (large) illegible numbers/words.

The bookmark is atrocious. And, changing the schematics isn’t any help.

As stated in a previous post, I like to know how many pages left in a chapter. Not remaining in the book. I liked the bookmark in the upper right hand corner. Not a blur on the bottom.

I even went through settings and nothing I changed helped.

Will there be a fix to this messed up version? Or, is there a way to revert back to the previous update?.

iPad 2

Posted on Jan 22, 2023 8:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 5:54 PM

Gee, I see what you mean. That's pretty bad. I couldn't replicate it on mine so, really sorry, I have no useful suggestions. Could your iPad be too early a generation model to run the new books app? Sadly, I've never found a way to go back to an older iOS. I just updated my ipad (3rd gen Pro) to 16.3...wonder if that does anything?

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 24, 2023 5:54 PM in response to A2539X

Gee, I see what you mean. That's pretty bad. I couldn't replicate it on mine so, really sorry, I have no useful suggestions. Could your iPad be too early a generation model to run the new books app? Sadly, I've never found a way to go back to an older iOS. I just updated my ipad (3rd gen Pro) to 16.3...wonder if that does anything?

Latest update 16.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.