You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove/disable foreign language and corny mac fonts

My font list is populated with fonts I'll never use. They make it hard to use in everyday application just because of the clutter. Why are system fonts even in the list? Surely if they're essential they should be locked and invisible to users leaving only a working fonts list that can be customised to users needs.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 1:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 4:01 AM

Hi there,

It is possible to remove fonts from your Mac, by following these instructions

Open the Font Book app from your Applications folder. You can remove any font that isn't required by your Mac.

1. Select the font.
  2. Choose File > Remove. Font Book moves the font to the Trash, and the font no longer appears in the font menus of your apps.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 24, 2023 4:01 AM in response to DavidDB

Hi there,

It is possible to remove fonts from your Mac, by following these instructions

Open the Font Book app from your Applications folder. You can remove any font that isn't required by your Mac.

1. Select the font.
  2. Choose File > Remove. Font Book moves the font to the Trash, and the font no longer appears in the font menus of your apps.

Jan 24, 2023 10:06 AM in response to WheelieNick

Yeah, that's the basics but the issue is all the useless and/or ugly/unusable fonts that clutter the font list. I'm never going to use Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, Korean, Braile, Herculaneum, Noteworthy etc. And if I did want to use them, I'd install them myself. They(and others) are the ones that don't seem to be able to be deleted.

Thanks anyway.

David

Remove/disable foreign language and corny mac fonts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.