You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing - how do you get back into an app after Family Sharing is turned off?

My partner was using a writing app that I'd bought (in 2018) and shared via Family Sharing. Later, we turned Family Sharing off - not realising that he would lose access to this app. Now he wants to retrieve what he wrote there. But the app customer service can't do anything because I bought the app via Apple. Where can I go in Apple to get help? Or how can we solve this?

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 7:08 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jan 26, 2023 9:19 AM in response to Jendwa

I'm going to plagiarize a post I just found in a similar topic: how do i get ride of a old id - Apple Community

The best way to resolve this is to delete the app requesting the update, and then download it again using the Apple ID that is signed in with the device.

You want to be careful that you do not lose any data, so be sure to check with the app developer to determine if removing the app will cause data loss.

These steps from Delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support will help you remove the app:

How to delete an app
1. Touch and hold the app.
2. Tap Remove App .
3. Tap Delete App, then tap Delete to confirm.
Keep in mind that some built-in Apple apps can't be deleted from your device, so you might not see the option to delete an app. Here’s a list of built-in Apple apps you can delete from your device. If you can't delete an app that's not made by Apple, disable parental controls, then try deleting the app again.

If you touch and hold an app from the Home Screen and the apps start to jiggle: 
1. Tap the Remove icon  in the upper-left corner of the app.
2. Tap Delete App, then tap Delete to confirm.
3. Tap Done.

Once deleted, adding the app using the correct Apple ID should resolve the issue: Download apps and games on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Jan 26, 2023 9:01 AM in response to Jendwa

Unfortunately that's the problem with running old equipment, as I know all too well. Developers only support the last couple of iOS versions and once your device is old enough that it won't run a supported iOS then you have no option but to either discontinue using that app, or buy a newer device.

Family sharing - how do you get back into an app after Family Sharing is turned off?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.