You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple asks

Every time I log into my iMac it asks me to supply my Google password. it does not say where but suggest open safari. still no indication where to supply the password.

see screenshot

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 7:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 9:34 AM

When you launch Apple Mail, there may be a dialog asking you to provide Google with a password and to open in Safari. Do that. Safari will open a Google GMail sign-in screen where you supply the associated account and password information. Once you do that and satisfy Google's security page, sign out of Google and Apple Mail will begin to receive GMail content. You will likely receive one or more Google security emails as a result and that you can ignore.

The first paragraph will only need to be done once.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 7, 2023 9:34 AM in response to ei9hk

When you launch Apple Mail, there may be a dialog asking you to provide Google with a password and to open in Safari. Do that. Safari will open a Google GMail sign-in screen where you supply the associated account and password information. Once you do that and satisfy Google's security page, sign out of Google and Apple Mail will begin to receive GMail content. You will likely receive one or more Google security emails as a result and that you can ignore.

The first paragraph will only need to be done once.

apple asks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.