You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using iTunes with Apple Music---purchased songs won't download on PC

I have been using iTunes for years and purchasing songs. Recently, I also purchased an Apple Music subscription.

I purchase songs from iTunes on my iphone. However, when I open iTunes on my PC now, these new songs that I have purchased (since I subscribed to Apple Music), do not show up as available for download in iTunes.

How do I resolve this? Thanks in advance for any help!

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 10, 2023 5:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2023 1:54 PM

Thanks for reaching out Tokyo13,

It sounds like you have some iTunes purchases that you're unable to locate. We can help.

You can check out these steps to Download previous iTunes purchases on PC:

Download previous purchases to an authorized computer
1. In the iTunes app  on your PC, choose Music from the pop-up menu at the top left, then click Store.
The Store button in the navigation bar.
2. Click Purchased (below Quick Links) near the top right of the iTunes Store window.
3. Click Music, Movies, TV Shows, or Audiobooks near the top right of the Purchased page.
4. Purchases available for download are displayed. You can view all of your past purchases, or just the ones not currently in your iTunes library. Items already in your library aren’t available for download.
5. If you select Music, you can view your purchases by song, artist, or album. If you view by album, click an album to see which songs are available to download.
6. To search for an item, type its name or a keyword in the search field, then press Enter.
7. To download an item, click its iCloud Download button .
8. To find out how to download previous purchases to your device, see the user guide for iPhoneiPad, or iPod touch. For a device that doesn’t use the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, get the user guide from the Apple Support Manuals website.

Hope that helps.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 12, 2023 1:54 PM in response to Tokyo13

Thanks for reaching out Tokyo13,

It sounds like you have some iTunes purchases that you're unable to locate. We can help.

You can check out these steps to Download previous iTunes purchases on PC:

Download previous purchases to an authorized computer
1. In the iTunes app  on your PC, choose Music from the pop-up menu at the top left, then click Store.
The Store button in the navigation bar.
2. Click Purchased (below Quick Links) near the top right of the iTunes Store window.
3. Click Music, Movies, TV Shows, or Audiobooks near the top right of the Purchased page.
4. Purchases available for download are displayed. You can view all of your past purchases, or just the ones not currently in your iTunes library. Items already in your library aren’t available for download.
5. If you select Music, you can view your purchases by song, artist, or album. If you view by album, click an album to see which songs are available to download.
6. To search for an item, type its name or a keyword in the search field, then press Enter.
7. To download an item, click its iCloud Download button .
8. To find out how to download previous purchases to your device, see the user guide for iPhoneiPad, or iPod touch. For a device that doesn’t use the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, get the user guide from the Apple Support Manuals website.

Hope that helps.

Take care.

Using iTunes with Apple Music---purchased songs won't download on PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.