You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My calendar app resends invites to guests whenever the event is opened

My calendar app automatically resends invites to guests when I open up an event. I am unable to check to see who has responded without resending the entire invite and losing every response. I turned off the calendar in my settings and turned it back on and this is still happening.

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 10:03 AM

7 replies

Feb 16, 2023 1:55 PM in response to kfloyd22

Hi kfloyd22,

Is this an iCloud calendar or is it from an another source, like Gmail?

Do you use the calendar on any other devices? If so, does the same thing happen on that device?

The answers to these questions will help us determine our next steps.

To refresh the Calendar app, try closing it, reopening and testing again with these steps:

Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support

We also recommend restarting your device and keeping it updated as those steps assure you have cleared out any minor software issues and are running the most current version.

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Cheers!

Feb 17, 2023 10:05 AM in response to kfloyd22

kfloyd22,

Do you use the calendar on any other devices? If so, does the same thing happen on that device?

Can you log in to the iCloud web portal to see if you're also experiencing the same problem there?

Sign in and use iCloud.com - Apple Support

The answers to these questions will help us determine our next steps.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

Feb 18, 2023 11:40 AM in response to kfloyd22

Hi kfloyd22,

If this is happening with your non-iCloud accounts, then test the behavior after deleting the accounts and adding the accounts back to your iPhone. To do so, take the following steps:

Add and remove email accounts on iPhone - Apple Support

Log out of or remove email accounts
1. Go to Settings  > Mail > Accounts.
2. Tap the email account you want to remove, then do one of the following:
( . . . )
Note: To remove the email account from all apps on your iPhone, tap Delete Account.

If the issue persists, or continues with your iCloud Mail, then reach out to Apple Support directly, as they'll be best equipped to help investigate the behavior. You can use the following link to reach out: Contact - Official Apple Support

Kind regards.

Feb 17, 2023 2:47 PM in response to kfloyd22

Thanks for replying kfloyd22,

We appreciate you sending over that additional information, it really helps! If you go on your iPhone to Settings > Calendar > Accounts, what accounts show there? This will help us isolate where we need to focus on.

Have a great day and thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

My calendar app resends invites to guests whenever the event is opened

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.