You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some one stole my new MacBook Air I got it back but they already put a password on how do I unlock it

Some one stole my new MacBook Air I got it back but they already put a password on how do I unlock it

iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021, 2 ports)

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 9:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 9:15 PM

Hello ~ This is an excerpt from the link that you came from…click on and review again…

*How to remove Activation Lock

*Start a support request

If you need help removing Activation Lock and have proof of purchase documentation, you can start an Activation Lock support request.

Apple requires the original purchase receipt from Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller…one that shows the device serial number on it. I hope this helps.

~Katana-San~

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 15, 2023 9:15 PM in response to promise14

Hello ~ This is an excerpt from the link that you came from…click on and review again…

*How to remove Activation Lock

*Start a support request

If you need help removing Activation Lock and have proof of purchase documentation, you can start an Activation Lock support request.

Apple requires the original purchase receipt from Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller…one that shows the device serial number on it. I hope this helps.

~Katana-San~

Feb 15, 2023 9:44 PM in response to promise14

promise14 Said:

"Some one stole my new MacBook Air I got it back but they already put a password on how do I unlock it"

-------

Troubleshooting a Recovered, Stollen Mac:

A. Reset the Mac Password:

Where to Reset it...

Start Here: Reset your Mac Login Password - Apple Support. Reset it using the login screen. You'd go through your Apple ID to perform this. Find out more here: If you Forgot your Mac Login Password - Apple Support. Make sure that caps lock is not enabled when typing it.

B. Securing your Accounts:

If concerned for device access, then (A)verify your devices, then (B)secure your account:

A. Verify your Devices:

Verify that all devices are logged in to your account, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

then...

B. Modify your Credentials:

Having been stollen, someone lily has your credentials. So, by all means, modifying them.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.