You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change how my surname appears

Hi, I have changed my surname and updated on setting on iCloud but any email I send still have my old surname, can you help please?

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 7:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 8:31 AM

You can edit last name in Mac address book , open address book select All iCloud type your first and last name in the spotlight search , the contact will open , click on edit , type your latest last name in the field , click on done , when you compose mail and send new mails to recipients the new edited last name will appear , the old mails that were sent will still have the same first and last name .

See the article Update contact information in Contacts on Mac - Apple Support

Create or edit contacts in Contacts on iCloud.com - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 16, 2023 8:31 AM in response to linsey2403

You can edit last name in Mac address book , open address book select All iCloud type your first and last name in the spotlight search , the contact will open , click on edit , type your latest last name in the field , click on done , when you compose mail and send new mails to recipients the new edited last name will appear , the old mails that were sent will still have the same first and last name .

See the article Update contact information in Contacts on Mac - Apple Support

Create or edit contacts in Contacts on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Change how my surname appears

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.